Thursday, July 26, 2012

G'Day Olympians!

Last night Ange's friend Louisa held an event in Clapham Common, and I agreed to go along, not knowing how fun and interesting the night would end up being!

Lou works for the Commonwealth Bank, and the idea was to try and set a Guinness World Record for the 'Most people in the same team kit'. The event gave us local expats a chance to help break the first World Record of the Olympics, and welcome the Australian Olympic team to London. And we did just that!

We ended up with 935 people, and posed for a record-breaking photo shaped into the word 'G'day'. While this sort of thing isn't usually my cup of tea, I was surprised that I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and team spirit, and this was my first world record so YAY me!

The windmill pub did a great job hosting, and we enjoyed a free barbie, along with Lamingtons and Aussie music blaring.We were featured live on the Today Show, but lord knows if we ended up on the small screen!




No comments:

Post a Comment